SA8000:2014 (Social Accountability 8000) is based on the principles of international workplace norms contained within the ILO (International Labour Organisation) conventions, UN’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Convention on the Rights of the Child. The fundamental focus of SA8000 is to improve working conditions around the world. This intent has pioneered the way forward for organizations to improve and demonstrate their corporate social responsibility (CSR) in regards to basic human rights in the workplace.
On June 2014, SAI published the fourth edition of the International Standard SA8000 – SA8000:2014 Social Accountability 8000.
The newly published standard superseded the previous versions of 2001, 2004 and 2008.
Advantages of the social responsability management system certification
- demonstrated commitment to socially responsible business ethics;
- protection for your brand;
- enhanced reputation as a socially responsible corporate citizen;
- consumer confidence and positive investor perception;
- improved worker morale;
- fair, safe and equitable environment;
- improved working conditions;
- business risk management by avoiding negative incidents and subsequent media exposure;
- transparency in your operations through independently verified compliance;
- differentiation among your global competitors.
SRAC is a Representative of IQNet Ltd, authorized to promote and represent IQNet Ltd for SA8000 audit and certification services.
IQNet Ltd is the Swiss certification body accredited by SAAS (Social Accountability Accreditation Services) and providing audit and certification services worldwide.
IQNet Ltd is also a member of APSCA (Association of Professional Social Compliance Auditors).
Services are provided with local/regional qualified IQNet Ltd auditors.
Upon the successful completion of the certification process, client organizations will receive the IQNet Ltd accredited SA8000 certificate.
More details on IQNet Ltd can be found at http://www.iqnet-ltd.com
SA8000 Certificates are valid only as they are issued by a body accredited by Social Accountability Accreditation Services (SAAS), e.g. IQNet Ltd.
Currently, besides IQNet Ltd, there are only several bodies at international level that can provide this service.
This is very clearly stated on the Social Accountability Accreditation Services (SAAS) website:
"NOTICE: Only organizations listed on this page are accredited by SAAS and have the ability to grant recognized SA8000 certificates. Any other claim is false and should be reported to SAAS. If you see an SA8000 certificate issued by an organization not listed on this page, it has been issued outside of the approved process."
IQNet Ltd Capabilities
- global coverage;
- consistent assessment approach;
- qualified auditing resources, proficient in regional labour laws and local languages;
- IQNet Ltd is the biggest certification network in the world;
- IQNet Ltd certificate grants to customers the use of IQNet Ltd exclusive registered mark, which is known around the world as a synonym of Quality.
IQNet Ltd SA8000 certification provides independent assurance and confidence that an organization’s social accountability management system has been effectively implemented. This confidence is enhanced through IQNet Ltd's global presence, dominance, credibility and reputation in management systems certification.
Every organization can demonstrate its commitment to socially responsible business practices by the implementation and certification of a social accountability management system.