ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve a service management system.
The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfil agreed service requirements.
Advantages of the service management system certification
- services that can satisfy clients’ expectations;
- it guarantees that the persons, processes and technologies are in constant interaction and that they are coordinated towards the established objectives;
- it increases the stakeholders’ trust and it improves the organization’s image.
For who is useful
- an organization seeking services from service providers and requiring assurance that their service requirements will be fulfilled;
- an organization that requires a consistent approach by all its service providers, including those in a supply chain;
- a service provider that intends to demonstrate its capability for the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services that fulfil service requirements;
- a service provider to monitor, measure and review its service management processes and services.
Upon the certification process successfully completed, SRAC certified organizations:
- have the right to use SRAC conformity marks for advertising purposes;
- access to the training courses offer;
- are regularly informed on the evolutions in the IT service management areas, by accessing SRAC website, events organized by SRAC.
In order for an organization to function in an efficient manner, it has to identify and manage more correlated activities. An activity that consumes resources and which is managed in such a way that the inputs are transformed in outputs is considered a process. Many times the outputs of a process become the inputs of another one. The coordinated integration and the implementation of the service management guarantees the continual control, an increased effectiveness and opportunities for continual improvement.