Commision Regulation (EU) No 1179/2012 of 10 December 2012 establishing criteria determining when glass cullet ceases to be waste under Directive 2008/98/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council.
Advantages of certification
- implementing Regulation (EU) no. 1179 / 2012, means fulfilling well defined criteria regarding quality of glass cullet, meet the technical requirements of the glass producing industry, comply with existing legislation and standards applicable to products and do not lead to overall adverse environmental or human health impacts;
- improved customers’ relationships by guaranteeing a superior quality of the delivered products (waste that cease to be waste).
SRAC can certify a management system in compliance with Regulation (EU) no. 1179/2012, because, in compliance with requirements of art.5, point (5) of this Regulation, it is accredited by RENAR as EMAS verification body, in compliance with Regulation (EU) no. 1221/2009.
Upon the certification process successfully completed, SRAC certified organizations:
- have the right to use SRAC conformity marks;
- are regularly informed on the evolutions in the quality and certification areas, by accessing SRAC website, events organized by SRAC;
- have the right to issue for every transport of glass cullet, a conformity declaration in compliance with Annex II model of Regulation no. 1179/2012, that confirms that the respective glass cullet transport, fulfills the criteria expressed in Regulation (EU) no.1179/2012.
Every successful organization that has as scope collection, recycking, treatment of glass cullet, should:
- identify and satisfy the needs and expectations of its customers, as well as of its stakeholders, respectively employees, suppliers, owners, society, in order to obtain a competitive advantage, and to achieve this in an effective way;
- establish criteria determining when glass cullet ceases to be waste. Those criteria should ensure a high level of environmental protection.