Without the EC Declaration of Conformity and the affixation of the EC marking no machinery can be legally placed on the market and put into service.
Government Decision 1029/03.09.2008 establishing the requirements for placing on the market of the machinery that adopted Directive 2006/42/EC Machinery safety specifies at Art. 6 line 1:
" Before placing machinery on the market and/or putting it into service, the manufacturer or his authorized representative shall:
- ensure that it satisfies the relevant essential health and safety requirements set out in Annex I of the directive;
- ensure that the technical file referred to in Annex VII, part A is available;
- provide, in particular, the necessary information, such as instructions;
- carry out the appropriate procedures for assessing conformity in accordance with Article 12;
- draw up the EC declaration of conformity in accordance with Annex II, part 1, Section A and ensure that it accompanies the machinery;
- affix the CE marking in accordance with Article 16.
In order to issue the EC Declaration of Conformity the producer or the authorized representative shall apply one of the conformity evaluation procedures specified at line (2), (3) and (4), in compliance with provisions of art. 13 of the GD 1029/2008.
For the machinery mentioned below, the easiest manner of compliance with the requirements of the Directive is the EC certification by applying the procedure „Full quality assurance”, in compliance with Art. 12 alin.3/c and alin.4/b / Annex X of the GD 1029/2008.
Categories of machinery: devices for the lifting of persons and goods involving a hazard of fallingfrom a vertical height of more than 3meters.
SRAC CERT carries out the conformity assessment according to Government Decision no. 1029/2008 based on Directive 2006/42/EC - Machinery.
For these products within the mandatory area, SRAC CERT is:
- accredited by RENAR (certificate no. ON 108);
- notified by the European Commission (the identification number NB 2003).
SRAC performs certification for the application of CE marking for industrial machinery in compliance with the provisions of Directive Machinery 2006/42/EC (adopted through GD 1029/2008), Module “Full Quality Assurance”. The certification process verifies the compliance with the provisions of the harmonized standards related to machinery directive and applicable to the product that is subject of certification.
SRAC CERT also performs the Verification of the technical File (Internal Control of the Production) for the products of the machinery industry and equipment that are not mentioned in Annex IV of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, if the supplier chooses this certification procedure. The Conformity Certificate is granted provided that, after the verification of the technical documentation (technical File), it is proven that this is elaborated in compliance with Annex VII of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
For the new industrial machines, the existence of a technical documentation (technical file) is a must, but this requirement has begun to be applied by the market control authority for the old industrial machines also.