SA8000:2014 (Social Accountability 8000) is based on the principles of international workplace norms contained within the ILO (International Labour Organisation) conventions, UN’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Convention on the Rights of the Child. The fundamental focus of SA8000 is to improve working conditions around the world. This intent has pioneered the way forward for organizations to improve and demonstrate their corporate social responsibility (CSR) in regards to basic human rights in the workplace.
You can find the SA8000 standard on SAI-Social Accountability International webpage (click here).
On June 2014, SAI published the fourth edition of the International Standard SA8000 – SA8000:2014 Social Accountability 8000. The newly published standard superseded the previous versions of 2001, 2004 and 2008. The transition period shall end at May 15, 2017.
For more information about IQNet Ltd Transition Policy to SA8000:2014, click here.
Advantages of the social responsability management system certification
- demonstrated commitment to socially responsible business ethics;
- protection for your brand;
- enhanced reputation as a socially responsible corporate citizen;
- consumer confidence and positive investor perception;
- improved worker morale;
- fair, safe and equitable environment;
- improved working conditions;
- business risk management by avoiding negative incidents and subsequent media exposure;
- transparency in your operations through independently verified compliance;
- differentiation among your global competitors.
SRAC, as IQNet Representative, is providing SA8000 assessment services on behalf of IQNet Ltd’s SA8000 accreditation scheme.
IQNet Ltd is accredited by SAAS (Social Accountability Accreditation Services) for SA8000 management systems certifications. Through the IQNet Representatives (e.g. SRAC for Romania), IQNet Ltd provides SA8000 certifications services worldwide.
SA8000 Certificates are valid only as they are issued by a body accredited by Social Accountability Accreditation Services (SAAS), e.g. IQNet Ltd.
Currently, besides IQNet Ltd, there are only several bodies at international level that can provide this service.
This is very clearly stated on the Social Accountability Accreditation Services (SAAS) website:
"NOTICE: Only organizations listed on this page are accredited by SAAS and have the ability to grant recognized SA8000 certificates. Any other claim is false and should be reported to SAAS. If you see an SA8000 certificate issued by an organization not listed on this page, it has been issued outside of the approved process."
- global coverage;
- consistent assessment approach;
- qualified auditing resources, proficient in regional labour laws and local languages;
- IQNet is the biggest certification network in the world;
- IQNet certificate grants to customers the use of IQNet exclusive registered mark, which is known around the world as a synonym of Quality.
IQNet SA8000 certification provides independent assurance and confidence that an organization’s social accountability management system has been effectively implemented. This confidence is enhanced through IQNet’s global presence, dominance, credibility and reputation in management systems certification.
Every organization can demonstrate its commitment to socially responsible business practices by the implementation and certification of a social accountability management system.