Council Regulation (EU) no. 333/2011 of 31 March 2011 establishing criteria determining when certain types of scrap metal cease to be waste under Directive 2008/98/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council.
Advantages of certification
- implementing Regulation (EU) no. 333/2011, means fulfilling well defined criteria regarding quality of iron, steel and aluminum scrap, that meet the technical requirements of the metal producing industry, comply with existing legislation and standards applicable to products and do not lead to overall adverse environmental or human health impacts;
- improved customers’ relationships by guaranteeing a superior quality of the delivered products (waste that cease to be waste).
SRAC verifies the implementation of the quality management system applied by the organization in compliance with the provisions of the Regulation (EU) no. 333/2011, SRAC being environment verifier as it is defined at section 2, point 20, in the Regulation (EU) no. 1221/2009.
Upon the certification process successfully completed, SRAC certified organizations:
- have the right to use SRAC conformity marks;
- are regularly informed on the evolutions in the quality and certification areas, by accessing SRAC website, events organized by SRAC;
- have the right to issue for every transport of scrap metal a conformity declaration in compliance with Annex III model of Regulation no.333/2011 that confirms that the respective metal scrap transport fulfills the criteria expressed in Regulation (EU) no.333/2011.
Every successful organization that has as scope collection, recycling, treatment of scrap metal, should:
- identify and satisfy the needs and expectations of its customers, as well as of its stakeholders, respectively employees, suppliers, owners, society, in order to obtain a competitive advantage, and to achieve this in an effective way;
- establish specific criteria determining when certain types of scrap metal cease to be waste.
Do you want to know the costs of certification?
Complete the form online and you will receive our answer in the shortest time possible.