- IFS Food is a standard for the auditing of companies that process food or companies that pack loose food products. IFS Food applies when products are “processed” or when there is a hazard for product contamination during primary packing.
- IFS Logistics is a standard for audit and certification of all logistics activities for food and non-food products, such as transportation, storage, distribution and handling, etc. It applies to all types of transport: road, rail or sea and to the storage and warehouses.
- IFS Broker - can be applied for companies primarily involved in ‘trading activities’. The Broker is responsible for the purchasing process (selection of suppliers) and delivering the goods to their clients.
- IFS Cash & Carry / Wholesale covers all handling activities of loose and unpacked products in Cash & Carry-markets or wholesale companies.
IFS Food v6
IFS Doctrine (un rezumat cuprinzator al clarificarilor cu caracter normativ elaborate de la data publicarii versiunii IFS v6 din ianuarie 2012 pana la ultima lui revizie din aprilie 2014).
IFS Logistics v2
Erratum IFS Logistics (Oct. 2015)
IFS Broker v2
IFS Wholesale / Cash&Carry v2
These standards are preferred by UK retailers. So, similarly with IFS standards, we can identify similar standards, namely BRC Food, BRC Packaging Materials and BRC Storage and Distribution for food producers producing products under private label.
- greater certainty to the retail chains that products produced by their suppliers under their brands will be safe and meet quality and legal requirements;
- help for retailers to comply with the legal requirements and to ensure a high protection level of consumers;
- reduced environment impact of farming.
In the dynamic and ever-changing world of food business, both food safety and food quality represent a global concern. The risk of producing food products that are not safe for consume is permanent, and this lead to the preoccupation for the implementation and certification of management schemes/standards more and more evolved, with the clear purpose of controlling this risk.
Download IFS Food brochure
Download BRC Food brochure
Download GLOBALG.A.P. brochure